Walgreens - HPS | Glassdoor

"HPS"

Pros

Air conditioned, customers to help, Advance schedule

Cons

Mean customers, management that sucksm,

Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens

"Disagree with changes and expectations Corporate is making and with the means they are using to accomplish them."

I worked at Walgreens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Make great friends while working there! Good benefits and discounts.

Cons

Worked at Walgreens for almost 5 years. Seen many changes. I disagreed with current changes and expectations Corporate is making and with the means they are using to accomplish them.

- making me feel cynical, not valued, unrecognized, unappreciated, frustrated and demoralized; taking my enthusiasm and self-esteem
    - Feedback from store employees not considered or valued by Corp: no ongoing dialogue at corp level
    --More simplified and realistic expectations
    - Registers and other systems constantly crashed or are out dated.
    - Need more team members to keep up with customers. Most of the time, we had 1 cashier, 1 dept employee, 1 mgr, and 1 pharmacist. So I felt like I was running 5-6 departments on my own. Customers asked why cosmetics and photo dept don't have anyone there when they need help and why the manager is stuck in pharmacy for a hours at a time because they are understaffed.

Advice to Management

Employees are quitting even those that have been with Walgreens for 10 or more years because they no longer believe in the direction the company is going. READ THE STORE BLOGS. Help employees not feel cynical, valued, unrecognized, unappreciated, and demoralized; and build more moral, enthusiasm and self-esteem by considering how the new changes are affecting employees. Consider and value feedback from store employees as much if not more than from customers.

2. "Worth it if you want to put in the hours"

Pros

It's very easy to work hard and get promoted. There's a lot of management training and guidance. The profit sharing and performance based bonus is great too.

Cons

Long hours with little reward once in salaried management position