Walmart - very good | Glassdoor

"very good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

nice working environment and there is a room to grow professionally

Cons

very busy working area and tight schedule

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Challenging yet rewarding at times."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

Great place to learn and hone your managment skills. The opportunities are endless and the job will prepare you for anything.

Cons

Due to the pressures of the business many times store management loses focus on the companies core values. It not what you know its who you know.

Advice to Management

Be assertive and sure of yourself after you have thought through your decisions. Keep their core values at your core.

2. "It's miserable."

Pros

I get to meet lots of different people, and some of the people I work with are great. It's an OK paycheck in an unstable economy, since this business definitely isn't going anywhere soon. I get a lot of exercise and it has helped me lose some weight since I've been here because I do a lot of walking and heavy lifting.

Cons

So far I have not had any opportunities for advancement in any direction. In order to save money, they cut everyone's hours and let some people go, then still expect the work to be done as quickly as it was before. You're never praised for doing a good job, you're only scolded for doing a bad job. Management tends to hover, especially during really busy hours, stressing about how we aren't keeping up with the pace. They don't even bother competing with local business wages and pay us the minimum wage.

Advice to Management

I don't have any experience as management, but I do have experience being the lowest of the low. It would be nice to hear I've done a good job from time to time. It would also be nice if we could be paid a decent wage.