Walmart - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Pros

Promotions, recognition of a job well done

Cons

Not enough associates to cover areas

Advice to Management

Customers deserve great customer service. It is hard to give great service when there is not enough of us associates to give it. I do care and work hard to please our customers, but as a company I think we need to give back to our customers for keeping us going all these years. Customer service is the key to the success of a great company.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "The work is fast paste."

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth at Walmart, both for personal and business. There is a 10% discount card. The amount of people you interact with on a daily biases makes the job fun.

Cons

Walmart is like every other business the bottom like is just that the bottom line. Profit is important to them, as it should be.

"My experience has been OK, but it is always room for improvement within the organization"

Pros

having the advantage of sharing in profits. I like to idea of having medical benefits as a part-time employee. It would be nice if the benefits extended beyond the medical. It should include an option for life insurance.

Cons

I don't like the idea of companies of this caliber having to fatten their bottom line on the backs of employees, without extending full benefits to part-time status employees. Having the benefits would help employees take better care of their families. Companies at this level want the best employees, however, the employees are let holding the bag when there is a pressing need for other benefits beyond health coverage.

Advice to Management

Put action behind your words. Always do what you can to fix problems before they become bigger. You to do preventive maintenance. Do more listening to the customers' concerns and seek to improve services. It would be a good idea to allow the customer to write a gratitude letter with an employee's name on it; in this way, the employee would receive proper credit for helping the customer have an outstanding customer service experience. Customer's get away with too much at these stores. The employees does not have anyone their size when the customer has a complaint, whether or not it is legitimate.