Walmart - Good people, very poor company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Good people, very poor company."

Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Good HMO, always hiring, not getting laid off.

Cons

In the 5 stores I've worked in all decisions are based on popularity. From who gets promoted to who gets demoted and everything in between. All disciplinary action is based on whether or not they like you. I myself should have been fired numerous times for absent and tardiness but am always overlooked because I am liked by management.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"I worked doctor hours for janitor pay"

Former Employee - Cashier in Cashiers, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Cashiers, NC

Pros

People make a difference...the discounts were insane...really enjoyed helping people.

Cons

No cross training....co worker failed to realize that people make a difference.

Advice to Management

Tune in and drop out

2. "Ok, but severely limiting."

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Waynesburg, PA
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Waynesburg, PA

Pros

Decent pay, for what you did. I worked nightshift during two summers in-between semesters of College, so I had a decent amount of time. I also did a month of dayshift.

Management was pretty carefree to a reasonable point. I was allowed to listen to music while stocking/working, as past a certain time (about midnight), our store was rather deserted. I only used one earbud, of course.

As a student, the ability for me to leave for school, and come back with a job was rather nice. The additional support of the company discount card between these breaks was nice too.

Cons

Severely limited. Working such a job when you have a good, workable skillset (computers, it was for me), makes it very bland. Certain nights would be really slow, whereas others would be chaotic and stressful.

As one of the few younger workers, it was a bit rough adjust. Most of the nightshift crew were 40+, and when I worked I was somewhere between 20 and 21. Communication and beliefs can conflict.

Advice to Management

Monitor your employee's a bit more carefully.