Walmart - Although the company has a very successful business strategy, it does have its clear shortfalls. | Glassdoor

"Although the company has a very successful business strategy, it does have its clear shortfalls."

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Boulder, CO

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits are what drew me in. I was receiving consistent shifts and the same 3 days off in a row every single week. The schedules were also available up to 4 weeks in advance online.

Cons

The store I worked at was managed very poorly. In fact the whole Walmart corporate structure seems odd. Different salaried managers would tell me contradictory things, and I really never felt like I was working as part of a team. Communication was very poor. Other associates were often more helpful if a problem came up, rather than management. The attendance system feels very threatening and stressful because its a point...

Advice to Management

Cross train the employees! Every department was completely isolated from one another and if a customer service manager for example, was absent, the other managers didn't know basic management functions on the registers.

Walmart2017-05-27
  1. "Berry poor management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good pay and hours

Cons

Too many managers over one set of workers gets confusing

Advice to Management

Use one manager for one group of people

Walmart2019-04-19

"Great job"

Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It’s very fun catching shoplifters!

Cons

Working weekends and holidays and nights! Also dealing with shoplifters with guns. There’s a lot of danger involved in this job!! Can’t be scared to deal with some bad individuals.

Walmart2019-05-21

Discover more reviews about Walmart.