Walmart - Management of Wal-Mart | Glassdoor

"Management of Wal-Mart"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people that work with you and for you! If you need something they all are willing to help! Bonuses....Open door and No Union. Management schedules works 3, 12 hour shifts off 3days and so on.

Cons

Dress code. Working when you are scheduled off. Getting directions and being redirect. Working and not being able to management because no associates to give direction to. Not enough help in the stores!!!! Getting direction in the middle of the day and having to redo everything you just did! 3 different managers telling you different tasks to do at the same time!

Advice to Management

Stop letting your managers work so hard that they can't do there jobs. We have all these tasks that everyone wants done and will be held accountabe for but, can't do it because we have on all the hats at Wal-Mart from stocking, being a cashier, maintenance, backroom team,unloading trucks, zoning ect...... what is our job???

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Underpaid and unrecognized"

Pros

Flexibility with work schedule hours.

Cons

Transactional management
    Lack of consensus regarding company policies
    Under paid

Advice to Management

Get to know your workers (cashiers in particular) if you really wish to increase profits. Recognize workers for their efforts more often.

"Undertrained, Under-cared."

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get decent breaks and lunch time; Pay is over min. wage

Cons

I was undertrained and they put me completely on my own lane with no help. Management didn't seem to care about anything but what they were doing. When you are new they are no help to you, they just do it for you.

Advice to Management

Train employees better and don't leave them on their complete own with no help after 2 days.