Walmart - Very hard job, good money though | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Very hard job, good money though"

Current Employee - Order Filler in New Albany, MS
Current Employee - Order Filler in New Albany, MS

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good money, solid hours, good bonuses

Cons

strict
bad management
strict on time punches

Advice to Management

loosen up,

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Corrupted company hungry for profit but not employee well being."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dixon, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dixon, CA

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Usually coworkers are pretty cool and become almost like family considering they know what you are going through as well and are put through the same BS that you are put through. Department managers are the only managers that really seem to care.

Cons

Pay is lousy for the work you do, management doesn't listen (if something is broken or needs attending, it could take days for them to do something about it), Be prepared to work out of your department or pulled from your department even if you have important tasks to get done to go attend to something else. Like stated above, Department managers actually care about their workers. Too bad they don't have more power. They are basically sales associates who get paid a little extra than us worker bees but are still treated like crap by management. You get in trouble for working overtime but they pile you with so much work that must get done, well how in the heck am I supposed to get my tasks done if I am not given the proper time slots to do it? Either let me work overtime or give me less work to do. Simple!! The people in the corporate are a bunch of corrupted individuals who only care about themselves and their paychecks and what will make them in the company look good. Hard to believe that a multi -BILLIONAIRE company cannot take better care of its employees. Sam Walton is turning in his grave. "Respect for the Individual"? BS!

Advice to Management

Management is not supposed to show favoritism towards one over the other. That is not very fair! They also need to hear both sides of a conflict. Show more compassion for the people who bust their butts for you guys to get the outcome you want. Your store is best in the region??? Don't be patting yourself on the back. That was us, the employees, who put blood, sweat, and tears to make it happen!!!

2. "overall good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Topeka, KS

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there was a job when I needed it

Cons

it's never ending, things change from day to day

Advice to Management

listen to your associates