Walmart - A very negative company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"A very negative company"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Queensbury, NY
Current Employee - Department Manager in Queensbury, NY

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some nice new friends.

Cons

This is a company that offers you advancement but, it is all in who likes you not on business ethics. I was an adult that return to college to get a business degree, having high hopes that this would be a company that you could set goals. Yet, you have a leadership team that just barks orders at you tearing you in twenty different directions.
I manage three departments with no associates and leadership puts so many unrealistic expectations on a person. Walmart is a company that tears apart each store department to find out what is wrong never what employees do right. It would be an encouragement booster if you are told you do something in your respected departments right.

Advice to Management

Look into their employees and see who has potential, coach them for advancement, encourage, lead by example and stay steadfast to good business ethics.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "If you do not want to be treated like a human apply here."

Former Employee - Receiving in Taylorville, IL
    Former Employee - Receiving in Taylorville, IL

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

We could do whatever we wanted because there was no direction or leadership. No one was held accountable for any of their actions.

Cons

Impossible goals were handed out. Management staff was a joke, and was only there to collect their pay check.

Advice to Management

Stop adjusting Team Members hours to save money overtime pay. Read a management book.

2. "illegal retaliation, employee abuse, and a well established atmosphere of fear of reporting"

Former Employee - Assembler in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Assembler in Exton, PA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

if you want to contribute to the loss of civil and human rights, and the desacration of everything that is supposed to be great about our country, then its great

Cons

in 10-years there I have seen evil and illegal activity going on, and the employees are so scared to say anything its just shameful and pitiful. they just pretend everything is ok and watch a mentally handicapped girl being abused by the store manager. walmart has masterfully perfcted the use of widespread fear of reporting to keep them out of trouble and keep employees quiet.

Advice to Management

Be human, Speak-up when you see something wrong, and by all means don't take part in it or participate in the cover-up. You know what goes on in there. Don't come on here and say nice things and pretend its alright. everybody knows