Walmart - Average wage of associate in California is $8.40/hour not "$12.60" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Average wage of associate in California is $8.40/hour not "$12.60""

Former Employee - Department Manager in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Department Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are affordable - $36/month for medical (1-adult & 2-kids).

Cons

All CHIEFS 5-Assistants, 5-Zone, 2-Shift & Store Manager take ur associates, no help so now ur stresses and overloaded, & then they try & coach you cuz u arent getting tasks completed.

Advice to Management

Cutting hours only proves that you dont care about ur employees & servicing the customer (long lines, no customer assistance, messy store). Train ur managers & supervisors on how to properly communicate directives and to manage others with respect, fairness, and equality. Uphold our core values and principles & if a manager breaks any of them, dont discuss it, coach them! Bullying is not ok! Keep in mind, your salary but after 3-years of sweat, blood, and tears, I make only $10.50/hour and I am responsible for everything in 4-departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Stagnant"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my case, my co-workers were just great and made my time at Walmart about the best I could have expected.

Cons

Managers are often apathetic; not much direction given. More than once, employees were told to sign off that they'd received training, when no such training had been given by leadership.

"Would not recommend to anyone"

Former Employee - Inventory Associate in Orange City, FL
    Former Employee - Inventory Associate in Orange City, FL

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unloader
    Pretty easy work
    Work in a team atmosphere
    4pm-1am so good for school hours
    Pretty reliable hours,

Cons

Your just another number
    Constantly threatened of termination if we disagreed with anything because "we came looking for a job from walmart, walmart didn't come looking for us. And there plenty of other people who will take you job in a heart beat"

Hard to get to full time. They like to use you as the want and keep you under full time.
    Make me go home early one day, So I could stay late the next day.
    We were the fill in team for any part of the store that was short handed while at the same time we still had a 2700 piece truck to unload. And when they're done taking people your left with 2 people. And a 3 hours job turns into 7. And your are watched the whole and "motivated" to move faster by your supervisor. I cant count the number of times this happened.
    And all of this is because they were to cheap to hire anyone. Or pay anyone a decent wage. To get any type of pay. You have to put alot of time in. .30 raise each year. In ten years ill finally make 10 dollars in hours. And its not really performance based. You just have to be a Wal-Mart loving zombie.
    No place for advancement unless you are a total kiss ass.

Management was what made this job hell. Crap runs downhill and your in the ditch.
    I have so much more real dislike with this company and how its ran, Im just going to stop here.

Advice to Management

Realize who made you those stacks of money. Your employees are what make this company. Sam Walton knew this. The kids only see dollar signs. And think their failing if their bank account goes 97 billion to 40 billion. ITS STILL 40 BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!! Stop being so cheap and treat your employees with real respect.