Walmart - management notices when you are doing a good job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"management notices when you are doing a good job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Avon, OH
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Avon, OH

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay an the people you meet

Cons

Open every holiday an i have to work all of them

Advice to Management

listen to employees about the people that are returning stolen items

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "It was an okay job--not the best I've had, but certainly not the worst"

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Dallas, TX

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

--My coworkers were nice and were extremely helpful and encouraging.
    --10% employee discount on all purchases. Yes, Wal-Mart could certainly afford more, but I'll take what I can get.
    --You can access your payroll, your schedule, and request time off or vacation days online.
    --Decent pay and benefits, at least compared to other retail companies.
    --I worked on the overnight stock team, so I got to work alone in a department by myself.

Cons

--There were often two GM trucks per night, which made it difficult to get everything out on the floor.I It was just a lot of freight, and with employees calling in a lot, we weren't always properly staffed. I was also new and still really slow at making the time goals for my department, so I felt a lot of pressure.
    --The night managers are generally nice, but are pressured by their own bosses to get things done, so they can be uptight and sometimes difficult to deal with.

I lasted about a month at this job, but it really wasn't about the company itself. I was just slow at making my times, and I really didn't care too much for stocking or working overnight like I thought I would. But a lot of my coworkers had been there for awhile and really enjoyed working for the company, so though I don't think this job is for everyone, I wouldn't necessarily say that I don't recommend it. It just wasn't my thing.

"One way street"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Clarksville, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Clarksville, IN

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is consistent, work is for the most part routine, and the customers are usually pretty cool.

Cons

Next to no benefits even for full-time employees, managers ride you for production even when you are performing above task, lots of drama between coworkers and when you bring it to the attention of higher ups they brush it off or take sides.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your workers like slaves that just so happen to get wages. They are not there to be walked on, most of the people that work for you have a hard enough time when they step through their front door at home and you shouldn't be adding to that for no reason at all.