Walmart - Love the Store I am employeed at. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Love the Store I am employeed at."

Current Employee - Professional in Holland, OH
Current Employee - Professional in Holland, OH

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Our managers work as a Team, they truly are a fine group of leaders. I have seen Respect for All employees at All Levels. That in and of itself makes All the Difference in a store and it's success. The Holland , Ohio Store gets 10 Stars as far as I am concerned. I encourage our Management Team to continue forward keeping up the great work. What impresses me most about our management is that for the most part you understand how to effectivly communicate with your staff in an Upbeat way and that is indeed the key. You get more accomplished with your kindness.

>> Compensation and Bennifits are truly exceptional exceding any jobs I have had in the past!

Cons

Wouldn't we all like a 2 day work week and the other 5 days off....lol.
Honestly, What Company doesn't have Rules??
Rules are needed or your company could not make it in any market.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive momentium.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"The company is not what it used to be."

Current Employee - Zone Manager in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Zone Manager in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people that work for WalMart make it like a family. I have made some of the best friendships through wal-mart.

Cons

Payroll has been cut back hard and we are moving into the Christmas season. They want us to "do less with less"

Advice to Management

Take the company back to Sam Walton's ways. Take care of your associates and they will take care of your customers. Every body wins.

"Largest Private Employer, but not the Best Employer"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Presents many with opportunities that can evolve to managerial positions. Many workers have stayed with the company for decades.

Cons

Many store managers create a climate of fear in which any kind of failure is severely punished. The company restructured to eliminate and consolidate positions to save on wages, eliminated bonuses and even Sunday differentials. Paying overtime, originally an incentive for stores to staff properly to minimize having workers to stay and perform extra work, is now punished because of a drive to save on labor costs. Fewer workers forced to do several jobs to save on hiring. Secure Departments with high value goods are abandoned at night with lack of specialized workers to staff them. The only incentive left to do work for the company is to avoid dismissal.

Advice to Management

Get back to how Sam Walton ran the company, engage employees to commit to company goals and values. Bring back the money! Shift differentials, Sunday double time. That Walmart doesn't have a skyscraper as a corporate headquarters is a big plus, but it cannot be run as if profit and stock price is the only incentive for senior management. If the company cannot engage its employees better, the whole organization will fail.