Walmart - This was a fun, organized place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"This was a fun, organized place to work."

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Erie, PA
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Erie, PA

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get your schedule 2 weeks in advance, very easy to call off or switch days with people, get to work with people.

Cons

Some managers are hard to work with like any other company. Had to remind them multiple times before they actually helped me out with something.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your front end and floor employees about what they need. They're the ones doing your up front work and make the customers happy.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Good Experience"

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Joplin, MO
    Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Joplin, MO

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice People and flexible working hours

Cons

low pay for part time employees

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Hanford, CA
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Hanford, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get the hours you want and the pay is good because of the raises.It's relatively easy to move up in the company.

Cons

Obviously its a commitment to work.You have to be able to adjust to the night shift.I am a full time student and very social so it didn't work for me to give up my social life and I was starting to slack in school.The job is demanding.Mostly I had a problem with mangement.I was hired for softlines but they had me working every hardline department.When it came time for me to work softlines I had no idea what to do because I never got the proper training.Also I had to work the department with no help.They have an "oh well its your problem" attitude.There's no communication what so ever and their expectations are unrealistic.When they hired new softlines stockers they expected me to train them as a recent employee with hardly any experience.Before I was hired,I made it clear that what schedulewould work best with my school schedule and they agreed but as soon as i started working they wouldnot comply with my schedule.They completely changed it and were passive agressive about it until I complained.This was a horrible experience and I quit after 3 Months of being hired.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect,you often look down on them.Have communication and understanding between associate and other members of management.Be willing to be flexible and understanding.Also, provide proper training.Stocking is not a job you can learn in 3 days.Have realistic expectations for job execution.Get rid of the CBL's they do not work at all.