Walmart - Good Experience | Glassdoor

"Good Experience"

Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Joplin, MO
Current Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Joplin, MO

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice People and flexible working hours

Cons

low pay for part time employees

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Hanford, CA
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Hanford, CA

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get the hours you want and the pay is good because of the raises.It's relatively easy to move up in the company.

Cons

Obviously its a commitment to work.You have to be able to adjust to the night shift.I am a full time student and very social so it didn't work for me to give up my social life and I was starting to slack in school.The job is demanding.Mostly I had a problem with mangement.I was hired for softlines but they had me working every hardline department.When it came time for me to work softlines I had no idea what to do because I never got the proper training.Also I had to work the department with no help.They have an "oh well its your problem" attitude.There's no communication what so ever and their expectations are unrealistic.When they hired new softlines stockers they expected me to train them as a recent employee with hardly any experience.Before I was hired,I made it clear that what schedulewould work best with my school schedule and they agreed but as soon as i started working they wouldnot comply with my schedule.They completely changed it and were passive agressive about it until I complained.This was a horrible experience and I quit after 3 Months of being hired.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect,you often look down on them.Have communication and understanding between associate and other members of management.Be willing to be flexible and understanding.Also, provide proper training.Stocking is not a job you can learn in 3 days.Have realistic expectations for job execution.Get rid of the CBL's they do not work at all.

"There's a reason they're #1"

Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Irmo, SC
    Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Irmo, SC

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wal-Mart is a "You-Are-What-You-Are" company to work for. if you are a mediocre employee with little drive to advance, don't expect the silver platter, but if you have a desire to serve, to advance, and to complete expectations, then the opportunities are endless.

Cons

90 waiting period for Associate Discount

Advice to Management

Remember two things: Take care of your employees and your employees will take care of you. And "Don't put off till tomorrow, that which can be done today."