Walmart - Could be worse than no Job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Could be worse than no Job"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Experience and Customer Interaction

Cons

Upper management is always about cutting hours over creating decent wait times and a good customer experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Could be better but I will make it better from now on"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have made some good friends. I love meeting new ppl and helping the customers. They do try to work with your schedules. Sometimes it is not doable though due to call offs or shortage of ppl.

Cons

downside is they do not treat you fair. positions are already filled before it even posts. they only interview certain candidates to make it look official. favoritism is bad there.

Advice to Management

do what you say you will or are going to do stop showing favoritism and let the ppl who actually want to work and learn do it

"Unstable leadership, a good old boys club"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired into leadership if you have good experience or know a hiring leader.

Cons

1. Hires over qualified individuals for roles that lack level of responsibility equivalent to prior experience.
    2. Rampant change; there are yearly reorganizations. I work in headquarters, my department/team has experienced two significant reorgs this year and we are expecting another one the next 30 days.
    3. Unprofessional environment, both my bosses have been perverts and have made repeated propositions. Environment requires you "play along" despite an open door and anti-retaliation policy. Very difficult for women leaders to get recognition or get promoted.
    4. Unclean/unsafe offices. I sit in the same building as the CEO, it is rodent infested and has mold. In the spirit of being Low Cost, building maintenance does not remove garbage, or clean working areas, every employee is responsible for cleaning and removing their own trash. If you sit next near an unclean person, it can be painful.
    5. Poor Benefits. High deductibles, poor options.

Advice to Management

Promote success (achieving goals, breaking new ground, handwork), regardless of sex and who people are "friendly" with.