Walmart - There was great team learning experiences and many opportunities to grow. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"There was great team learning experiences and many opportunities to grow."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Poulsbo, WA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Poulsbo, WA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to move to different appartments was excellent as well as being promoted to supervisor or assistant manager. There were many different and exciting technological things to learn that improved your work as an employee.

Cons

Pay was just average and increases were average as well. There wasn't much for recognition of good work and noticed many employees were not happy to be there at all.

Advice to Management

I would like to suggest hiring more individuals that are motivated to work there not just because they need a job but because they enjoy the work, they want to gain promotion and have shown they can work well on a team. Maybe a one or two day testing would be useful or job shadow to see if the job fits their talents.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "It was Great"

Former Employee - Instock Supervisor in Crete, NE
    Former Employee - Instock Supervisor in Crete, NE

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly, cooperative place to work. If you do your job which usually is not a hard thing to do you get along great with management. If you need time off they are usually more than willing to help you out.

Cons

I can't really say anything was a con for me while I worked there. I had a great time and got along with almost anyone I came into contact with.

"Low Pay, Long Hours, No respect, poor advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Professional Technology (CIS) in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Senior Professional Technology (CIS) in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For salaried personnel, pretty good short term disability plan.

Cons

Poor Vacation, holiday time off, long work hours for Salaried personnel, Open door policy is a joke, Lies/misdirection seems to be the norm for management. Poor advancement opportunities. Poor work conditions, takes cube city to a whole new level of lowness. In two word, a “cheap company” spreading is overhead cost to the employee.

Advice to Management

Improve employee work environments and spend a little more on tools and office equipment. Honor your stated values, do not reward managers for lying to employees. Do not use the employees as a means to lower cost at their expense.