Walmart - Great Company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Zone Merchandise Supervisor - ZMS in Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Zone Merchandise Supervisor - ZMS in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am only 21 years old, and I got promoted twice already. I started as electronic associate, got promoted to frozen-dairy department manager within less than 6 months. Not even 6 months later I got promoted again to zone merchandise supervisor over consumables. I love the opportunities they give you. In my first year they even paid a fair amount of money for my college education. I am full-time so I get all the benefits (medical, paid vacation, etc). I love their discount center, a lot of discounts pretty much on everything ( hotels, plan tickets, 20-30% off your phone bill with main phone companies, up to $10.000 dollars off in American cars). I get along with every salaried manager never had any issues, mainly because I know what my job code is, and I have very good work ethics. Overall I enjoy and like working there. Not many companies out there would promote you twice in less than 2 years with the company. O and last but not least, as a zone manager you don't have a set schedule, you are on rotation (3 days 8-5, 2 days 11-8), however I talked to my store manager and explained to him that I need set days off for my classes, no issues at all, changed my availability once and that was all it took.

Cons

To me there is no downside. I am not sure how other stores are, but at the store I work there is really no downside.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Minimal Pay with Maximum Expectations"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will work with you on your hours if you are a college student.

Cons

They do not allow full-time employment. They offer horrible pay, which good workers will not come to work for, thus attracting people who just do not care. In 3 months time the store went through 20 employees, which no longer work there. There is one great manager whom will no longer be there starting Dec. 21, 2012. The other manager I quote claims "If the workers do not hate me, I am not doing my job right"

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a bit more, to encourage reliable people to work for you.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Douglasville, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Douglasville, GA

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will pretty much hire you for any hours you can work and they don't care about job history so if no one else will hire you for lack of experience, Walmart will happily take you.

Cons

There were people there who had been working for 10 years in the same position and were always looked over for better positions because management had their favorites. Also, don't expect training for any part of the jab that doesn't legally require it.

Advice to Management

Your employees are the heart and soul of your company. Treat them with respect and your store will gain respect.