Walmart - Great if Walmart is your first job | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Great if Walmart is your first job"

Former Employee - Fitting Room Associate in Owensboro, KY
Former Employee - Fitting Room Associate in Owensboro, KY

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thisi s the first job I've ever had, and I obtained quite a bit experience while working there. I met lots of new people and made some good friends.

Cons

The only con I can find about my experience working at Walmart is that you might meet some people you won't get along with, but that's everywhere.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "I would not recommend working here"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really cannot state any pros to working here

Cons

If you ever wondered why the staffing is so poor at Walmart, it all has to do with the store managers yearly bonus....less overhead, more profit, bigger bonus. These words actually were said by my store manager.

2. "ICS Supervisor - Evening Shift"

Current Employee - ICS Supervisor
    Current Employee - ICS Supervisor

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better hours and pay raise, times goes by fast.

Cons

Too much to do for one person and half an unloading crew. Hard work - more than I ever imagined for the pay! and I know, WahHh!

Advice to Management

1. Increase pay (I know YOU can't do that) and the team will increase in size and people will stay the course. 2. Respect the individual - How about the worker/Associate? - Aren't we also individuals? 3. Stop whining about over time. If I am 3 people short then I have to do the job of 4 and that takes more hours. 4. Evaluate your current management team, get rid of the bad and keep the good (and the ugly if they are ... well... good). 5. Promote ME to management or at least let me get on the WIRE to apply for better jobs within the organization. (OK maybe that one is selfish ;) 6. Seriously, morale is HORRIBLE and the overnight crew's morale is WORSE! 7. If you promise something to the associates like a dinner or something ... give it to them promptly ... Don't make us wait until Jesus comes before we get it (still waiting on steak dinner promised over a month ago ... it's too cold (was 71 degrees last week). 8. Upper level management needs to schedule SURPRISE inspections during different shifts, don't tell anyone you are coming because they always tell us and we are ready for inspection (military term). You might be surprised by what you see or are failing to see. Also, be consistent with the surprise inspections. After all you can only EXPECT what you INSPECT!