Walmart - It was okay, I'll agree with a lot of people the customers were weird | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"It was okay, I'll agree with a lot of people the customers were weird"

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in San Bernardino, CA
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The prices, and there were lots of people so a bigger salary.

Cons

The people. There were almost always roblems at the register :(.

Advice to Management

CLean up the store

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Interesting place to work, But!"

Former Employee - Produce Stocker in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Produce Stocker in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was great. Worked with me on hours. Nice co workers.

Cons

Pay sucked. Lied about start wage to me. I got the same pay after 20 years exp. as the kids out of high school. Not enough help. Didn't really care when I quit.

Advice to Management

Hire more help. Pay $10 and up after 90 days when you hire a star. Let people move to another dept. Do not lie to new hires about the start wage. Before you let a good employee quit, ask if they would stay if offered a job in another dept. Put a camera in the produce cooler and back room and find out what if any the 10PM to 7AM if doing if anything.

"Walmart DC is a great opportunity for someone without a degree. Salary+bonuses+bebfits"

Current Employee - Walmart DC Order Filler in New Caney, TX
    Current Employee - Walmart DC Order Filler in New Caney, TX

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

+ The pay is unmatched. The orderfiller position is performance driven providing performance bonuses every week in addition to the quarterly bonuses. I now have a bachelor's degree and those jobs are comparable.
    + There is no ceiling to how much you can get paid. Overtime offered regularly. Co-worker made over 50k with overtime and bonuses.
    + The schedule. Either 4pm - 4am, 4am - 4pm. Mon-Thurs or Sat - Mon. Great for college or if you prefer longer hours and less days.
    + The overall culture is positive and if you're willing to travel, there's no better company for promotions.
    + Job transfers to any DC in the country.

Cons

- The scheduling is non-traditional. Child care could be an issue and also if you're uncomfortable with working on your feet for longer hours.
    - The most physical job you'll ever work guaranteed! I lift 15-25 tons a day! Not sustainable for years. Chronic injuries very common
    - Despite there attempts to keep the warehouse safe, injuries and accidents are fairly common as nearly every position has a production quota to meet. Once you clock in, minus breaks the production clock NEVER stops...never.
    - Some people just cannot do it. I train new hires sometimes and it's just too much pressure for some people.

Advice to Management

As a business major, I understand why they do the things they do. It's all a compromise driven by shareholders' demands. they are all required to be politically correct so no abuse anywhere; I'm content.