Walmart - Friendly Atmosphere | Glassdoor

"Friendly Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Stocker in Zachary, LA
Former Employee - Stocker in Zachary, LA

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my experience even the people above me treated me equally which is greatly appreciated and hard to come by when you work lower wage jobs. Everyone was really friendly.

Cons

Cant really make your own schedule.

Advice to Management

None really

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Not as bad as people lead you to believe."

Current Employee - Photo Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Photo Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits arent bad. Has many opportunities for moving up in company.

Cons

Hours are not always great. Customers are some of the worst.

2. "Easy work, okay coworkers/managers... TERRIBLE customers."

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally easy work, as it should be for minimum pay. Coworkers and Managers are generally nice and down-to-earth people (they don't make much money either, keep in mind).

Cons

Employees are viewed by most customers as disposable trash, working at a trash store. People tend to have the attitude of being 'above' Walmart and therefore FAR above Walmart's employees. Many are nice.. Most are not. Hours are not wonderful for the most part, customers treat the store/merch like crap picking up items in one department and leaving them everywhere else) so it takes a decent amount of effort to keep it tidy, especially if it's a bigger store.
    Was often asked to do things that weren't in my job description and belonged to employees who get higher pay, which wasn't great. Have witnessed Managers getting angry at cashiers being asked to do things like push carts in the rain or work the customer service desk (both are higher-paying positions).
    Instead of hiring much-needed employees, they take on temp workers during the holiday season and whenever else. Make them believe that if they work hard they might be able to get a full-time/part-time position, but they're always let go after the busy season ends (even when they're still needed).

Advice to Management

Need more team-building activities, need to be more polite when REQUESTING that an employee do something outside of their job description. Should not ask for something like this in the first place, and this particular store needs a handful more employees in general.