Walmart - Good place to work at, but had to leave on account of low pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Good place to work at, but had to leave on account of low pay."

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Lindon, UT
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Lindon, UT

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with and getting to meet new people as cashier. Management was very helpful and was able to get full time after a short time. I had a good team at my location.

Cons

Low pay to start and raises are very small.

Advice to Management

Fix the pay grade for employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Life at a Big Box is met with Bitter Colleagues & Decent Opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are hard-working, intelligent, and come to work to do just that, you will stand out and you can build a career from the ground up with Walmart. Before I moved on, I was on a direct path to move into management at a local store, having only worked there for slightly less than a year.

Cons

Working at a local store meant working with many bitter "lifers" who hated the system they were working in. From my perspective, the fault is on their heads for not coming to work with the attitude that hard work gets you ahead in life. If you perform poorly, management does recognize that. To be fair though, WM often employees bitter, low performers. It's a revolving door of negative energy.

Advice to Management

Work towards empowering the local employees more and building a culture that makes them feel good about what they've got in life. Clearly explain how they can get ahead. Many of your employees are earning at a rate below the poverty line. Making their lives easier by paying them more might cut down on the animosity and angst that is so prevalent among WM employees.

2. "Very Boring and Unorganized Place to Work."

Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Phillipsburg, NJ
    Former Employee - Grocery Clerk in Phillipsburg, NJ

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not alot of responsibility( could be a con too)
    easy work
    chance to work for a huge company
    good pay for type of job

Cons

lack of management
    no direction on what to do
    no employer/ employee relationship
    boring
    was placed in departments other than what I applied for.

Advice to Management

Although I understand that I came at a time when the Philipsburg Store was in the process of a move to a much bigger superstore and that things were hectic, I would advise management to be more aware of their employees, especially their new ones. For example, my very first day or second day when I punched in, I had to find someone to tell me what to do. It seemed as if they weren't too clear on who I was and they placed me and another new employee to help out in the Electronics Department, which I had not been hired for. Additionally, in the few weeks that I had worked there I would just be placed in different departments doing very meaningless tasks or walking around finding something to do. I once walked in and a manager asked "who are you?". In conclusion, I do not want to completely bash this company. Perhaps it was just the wrong time for me to work there and/ or the management at this particular store just didn't know what they were doing. However, if this is the case at all Walmart stores then i recommend that this company take a little more time to assign tasks to their fellow employees and take notice of who they hire on.