Walmart - Solid company. | Glassdoor
  1. "Solid company."

Current Employee - Frozen/Dairy Department Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Walmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Job isn't too hard, once everyone is on the same page and on routine . The pay isn't too bad for the work done. Most people complain about working at Walmart, But the job is what you make it. If you want to make it a career, there are plenty of opportunities. You just need to put in the effort.

Cons

At certain stores managment treats you like you're not important. Some employees don't even try and make everyone else pick up the slack. Lack of training. Lack of effort in some members of management.

Advice to Management

Make sure to train all employees right, so the job can be done correctly and efficiently so the company can make more profit. Treat your employees right and you'll get more work out of everyone.

Walmart2019-03-05
  1. "Good"

Former Employee - Photo Center Technician

I worked at Walmart part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

worked with schedule while in school .

Cons

Management can show favoritism sometimes.

Walmart2019-09-04

"Success through planning"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in North Reading, MA

I worked at Walmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits for members of salary management are top notch. I started as a first year employee with 22 days PTO, and all of my other benefits were available to me starting day one. Training was done in an academy held in a live store which positioned myself as an external hire for early success.

Cons

The overall workload and expectation level is far beyond the pay rate, considering the Store Manager salary gap to the Assistant Manager is very wide. It is nearly impossible to complete all tasks within the scheduled hours, so you will need to be very flexible with your availability and willingness to work.

Walmart2019-11-11

Discover more reviews about Walmart.