Walmart - Assistant Manager - Fresh Foods | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Assistant Manager - Fresh Foods"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is great, because it allows us to put our son in daycare. The 3 on/3 off rotation is great because it give me more time at home.

Cons

Walmart, as good as it may seem initially, is a very stressful company to work for. Especially for AMs and Co-Managers, the expectations are so much higher and in my instance, there is a serious lack of communication between store/co-management and myself. There have been a couple instances where a co has told associates in my area to do something and not even tell me about it. In addition, Walmart also seems not to care about whether you have a family or not; it's all about their "bottom line".

Advice to Management

Communicate with every member of management on a more consistent basis. Also, try to understand where others are coming from and show a little more caring about family life, rather than just say Walmart has a better "work-life balance".

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Great Part-Time Job"

Former Employee - Overnight Accounting
    Former Employee - Overnight Accounting

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good managers, fair pay, rewarding work...When I lost my full-time job, they gave me full-time hours until I could find another full-time job. Helped me from going on unemployement. And the people are all great to work with.

Cons

Stocking shelves can be very hard and really messed up my feet. I would liked to have stayed on and went into management, but I was told that I'd have to be a department manager before I could be an assistant manager. I had years of retail management experience, but I had to go through each level to advance. Department manager just didn't pay enough to work my way through.

2. "Its a very good place to work and to shop. Customers are really nice and most associates know where most things are at."

Pros

Nice work Environment and Friendly Associates.

Cons

Sometimes slow and sometimes you get a few rude customers/associates.