Walmart - Its a decent place to work providing you have the right attitude | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Its a decent place to work providing you have the right attitude"

Current Employee - Wireless Associate
Current Employee - Wireless Associate

I have been working at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

discount card and benefits are great.

Cons

None come to mind at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "zone merchandise manger"

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

good management team great teamwork

Cons

not enough help and not enough hours

2. "Your mileage may vary."

Current Employee - Hourly Manager
    Current Employee - Hourly Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had an overall positive experience at Walmart and it's the longest job I've held. The hours are okay and many of our part-time associates are given the option of going to full time usually after 6 months or so if they perform well. There is plenty of opportunity to move up: as a growing company as top hourly managers get promoted to salaried Assistants positions open up, usually on a 6-12 month basis. Most of my supervisors have been good to me and I haven't had any problems addressing concerns or presenting ideas.

Cons

My title says it all. I've been fortunate enough to be in a good store, in a nice neighborhood, run by a capable management team, staffed with (for the most part) mature adults, and visited by polite customers. However I have been to other stores on temporary assignments, have connections in other stores and I realize other associates may not be as lucky as I've been. All I can tell you is that some things do exist: callous, apathetic, or incompetent management, poor or non-existent management/associate communication, generally poor staffing (that hire literally anyone), or under-staffing, and of course what part of town/city/state/country the store is also a factor.

Advice to Management

One of our tenants is "listen to your associates." Unfortunately this contradicts the business model sometimes, and management has the tendency to get tunnel vision. While the associates are compartmentalized and don't see the whole picture they are in the trenches and they see what goes on in places you don't have time to look at more closely.