Walmart - Company has a great focus on associates | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Company has a great focus on associates"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Elizabeth City, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Elizabeth City, NC

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People, Great Company. Going Places

Cons

Different management styles sometimes led to different directions.

Advice to Management

Work on promoting from with in.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Too much work for very little pay. (store 0813)"

Former Employee - Courtesy Associate in Brownwood, TX
    Former Employee - Courtesy Associate in Brownwood, TX

I worked at Walmart full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While overall this is a bad company to work for, all of the other associates treat you like family.

Cons

As you read in the title, Walmart requires too much work for very little pay. While I was there I worked as a Courtesy Associate and got paid only $7.25/hr. CSMs always seemed to think that they were store managers, and never got us any help when we asked for it. I can remember several times when I was the only one working on a Friday or Saturday for 8 hours straight in summer Texas heat and never got any help. I quit this job because not only because I continued to have to pick up shifts when people called in, but one of the CSMs told me not to take my break, although it goes against store policy.

Advice to Management

Actually care about your associates. Don't treat them as if you are gods, and actually thank them when they voluntarily come in on their days off. Don't bring your personal problems to work, and NEVER talk about an associate behind their back.

2. "Saving money on hourly pay = you staying until the job gets done or you develop serious health issues."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job security here is pretty good for those who are willing to fall into line and stay there.

Cons

Too few workers for the job that needs to be done. Low hourly rates across the board for new associates. Managers (salaried) are made to work extra until the job gets done with no additional compensation. People at higher levels will tell you this should not be happening, but they turn a blind eye to it until someone speaks up. When someone does speak up then still nothing is done about it. You will miss any family time that matters (all holidays), and holiday times will test you at the highest stress levels you can imagine.

Advice to Management

If they really cared it would never have been allowed to get this bad. Customers are just as tired as we are, and the continued growth and success of competitors is proof of that. People who have more money will pay a little more to stay out of the store environment.