Walmart - Best place to work if you want to take advantage of advancement opportunities! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Best place to work if you want to take advantage of advancement opportunities!"

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Out of all the places I've worked in my life Walmart has been the best place by far when it comes to opportunities to advance. I started out as an unloader and under two years I made my way to a salary management position. At the time I had no degree and I was in my early twenties. I started out making more then some of my friends I knew who had already graduated college with bachelor degrees.

Cons

Being that Walmart is a retail business, your hours and days will always suck. Sorry I can t put it any better. Walmart closes ONE day a year and that's on Christmas. Every other holiday you can expect to be at work. The work/life balance may be the worst out of all the jobs I've had.

Advice to Management

Remember that you weren't always a manager. It's that simple.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"I lost my life to Walmart."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, steady schedule, helping people.

Cons

When offered a chance for promotion you are always advised to take the position or you will get blacklisted and may never get another promotion. Same goes for stepping down a level. While the constant three days on three off is easy to keep up with, we were not allowed to take a shift off on a day we were scheduled unless we could find another manager to fill in. Which most would not do even if you offered to cover a day for them. I was forced to coach associates based on whether they were affecting the bottom line and not by what we felt was the right thing to do.

Advice to Management

Let your associates have more flexibility in their roles in the company. Stop making those that work for you not trust you. Because no one does.

2. "Sfs"

I worked at Walmart full-time

Pros

Fun Job , with cool people.

Cons

poor pay and supervisor there suck. Don't work for sfs you have to pack boxes and ship packages all day