Walmart - Walmart is a great company that has allowed me to move where ever/whenever I choose via transfers and promotions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Walmart is a great company that has allowed me to move where ever/whenever I choose via transfers and promotions."

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Derby, KS
Current Employee - Shift Manager in Derby, KS

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many positions available within the company at the store level, market level, Home Office, distribution centers, on the road, and so much more. Insurance, 401K, stock purchase program and many benefits available. The company donates a great deal to the community and has Associate-in-Need programs to help Associates who have experienced a financial tragedy.

Cons

Base pay at the lowest level is minimum wage. Associates work hard for very little pay at hourly level. Base pay for management is somewhat competitive, but no annual raises after the Assistant Manager Position.

Advice to Management

There is an opportunity to improve the overall pay for all levels (hourly and salary) of Associates within the store; not only to attract but keep valuable and hardworking people.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "ASsW"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Waynesboro, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Waynesboro, VA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Age and no other jobs available

Cons

Management, Food in store from McDonald, all merchandise from China
    Work two peoples jobs

Advice to Management

Get rid of some management per survey
    Get no attention to questions answer will take care of it but don't say when or they don't get involved and no one cares about hourly people

2. "Walmart is a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hours were great and worked with the needs of my family. Lots of advancement for hourly employees, can transfer anywhere in the world. Pay is in line with other retail companies.

Cons

Not enough consistency coming from managers, training could be better, benefits are a bit expensive for the hourly associates as they live pay check to pay check.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your hourly employees and not your assistants or store managers. Do better store manager to store matches. Train store managers and assistants on all aspects of the store.