Walmart - Walmart a truly up and down experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Walmart a truly up and down experience"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hands down compared to any other retailer in management Walmart provides a good work life balance. If you're on the day shift you work 3 days and you are off for 3 days and if you work nights you work 4 and you are off for 4 nights. The pay is pretty decent once you get in the salaried ranks of mgmt.

Cons

Very high expectations for floor associates for very little pay. Upper management love to point out what's wrong, but hardly ever know the why and how of why its wrong. They are rarely any help to find solutions to problems that most stores face at store level. Moving up in the salaried ranks has proven to be very difficult. It seems to be solely based on who you know and not what you know. I've seen too many incompetent individuals get promoted, but end up struggling or failing just cause they sucked up to the right individual. Turnover has proven to be ridiculous with this company. It's hard to manage when you constantly have hiring needs to fill. There's a rumor that mgmt schedules are going away from the 3 on and off system. If that happens its not gonna be worth it to work for this company in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I know payroll is the biggest expense but we gotta figure out a way to increase pay for the hourly associate. If we did this it would cut down on turnover and we could attract more quality associates.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Not much to mention"

Former Employee - Associate in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Associate in Memphis, TN

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was only part time so I didn't work many hours. Overall job was fairly easy

Cons

Sometimes store gets really busy and the standing up for long periods of time can be a problem

"Walmart never sleeps"

Current Employee - Zms in Clovis, CA
    Current Employee - Zms in Clovis, CA

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best benefits around. You can't find a cheaper medical plan and they have a few to choose from.

Cons

Walmart never sleeps. The trucks keep coming and coming and coming.

Advice to Management

Calm down, listen to your peoples ideas. Lose your job and you only have yourself to blame in this company.