Walmart - Challenging work but easy to feel undervalued | Glassdoor
  1. "Challenging work but easy to feel undervalued"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Walmart has a lot of unique challenges due to its size and history. I enjoy the culture of respect, excellence, customer service, and integrity. It's a performance-based company, which makes it easy for those who are talented and ambitious to get ahead quickly. I'm also excited about Doug McMillon taking over as I believe he will recognize the importance of technology more than his predecessors.

Cons

The EDLC (Every Day Low Costs) aspect of the culture means fewer days off and generally lower salaries. When compared to the Board of Directors and C-level Associates, the disparity in pay can be demoralizing.

Advice to Management

Make your pay and benefits more competitive and you'll be able to spend less overall because you'll be getting more outcome from fewer people.

Walmart2013-12-19

"Great job"

Current Employee - Asset Protection Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It’s very fun catching shoplifters!

Cons

Working weekends and holidays and nights! Also dealing with shoplifters with guns. There’s a lot of danger involved in this job!! Can’t be scared to deal with some bad individuals.

Walmart2019-05-21

"Great job for a helpful people person"

Current Employee - Cashier in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Decent pay Many associates, easy to “fly under the radar” if you want. Easy to excel as there are many who don’t care to; excellence gets mgt attention.

Cons

Not great pay, increases come in small increments Erratic hours make life difficult

Advice to Management

Lead by example CBWA Show some care and concern for your associates and they will work hard for you!

Walmart2019-05-21

Discover more reviews about Walmart.