Walmart - Store Mgr. / District & Market Mgr. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Store Mgr. / District & Market Mgr."

Former Employee - Market Manager in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Market Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They promote within based on work performances as well as job and People Skills. I started out as a Stock Clerk and through hard work and dedication was promoted to Dept. Mgr., to Asst Mgr., to Store Mgr., to District Mgr. and then to Market Mgr.

Cons

Works hours are normally 48-52 per week. A lot of time is spent with irate associates and Customers. Upper Mgmt. at times, have no idea, how hard the associates work to make their Store successful, and I feel they should be making a higher pay-check.

Advice to Management

Never forget the Hourly Associates as they are the ones who makes This Company successful. Continue to promote within, vs. bringing New Mgmt. in from other Companies.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "love my job"

Pros

great pay and love the hours

Cons

not alot of time with family when working in retail.

2. "Adventures In Employee mistreatment"

Pros

Quarterly bonuses good if you work at a high performing stores like I did. I worked at two different stores the first one was great was very busy but great coworkers the second store was not good at anything and did things differently.

Cons

Horribly in consistent Hours, Management mistreats employees with unrelistic expectations for some while favoring others. Very little communication until they pull you in the office to write you up.

Advice to Management

There should be more consistency between locations. Employees, especially the managers don't know the rules.