Walmart - WallyWorld | Glassdoor

"WallyWorld"

Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Texarkana, TX
Current Employee - Guest Service Team Member - Cashier in Texarkana, TX

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with some great managers, and SOME great co-workers who are producers

Cons

Low wages, PT only with limited benefits

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Open door policy"

Current Employee - Cashier in Graham, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Graham, TX

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any at this time

Cons

Bad about giving breaks,letting you go home when your supposed to,then complain when you are getting overtime!!

Advice to Management

You should really respect and value your employers more,maybe there wouldn't be so many empty registers,and customer complaints!

"Overworked, Underpaid, Mean Customers, Uncaring Managers"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Walmart is better than being unemployed. That is the nicest thing I can say about that place.

Cons

When I started working there I had 24/7 availability. I worked any shift they scheduled me. I volunteered to work third shift (without receiving the extra pay that 3rd shift employees receive) and I worked two shifts in one day before. Not to mention I worked EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND and I never called in sick. (Keep in mind that the department managers don't have to work evenings or weekends. Instead, they make the least experienced, lowest paid employees work when the store is the busiest.) After working there almost a year, I asked for one day off (my birthday - which landed on a Saturday) and my request got rejected. The managers don't care about the employees at all.

I was a sales floor employee but they constantly made me cashier. I was paid 20 cents an hour less than the cashiers. I cashiered just about every day. Management did that to save money. Why schedule more cashiers when they can just overwork the sales floor employees? The pay is pathetic. After a year they give average employees a 40 cent raise or above average employees a 60 cent raise. After going above and beyond many times, I only got the 40 cent raise. They don't value good employees. They scheduled me in multiple different departments without asking me beforehand. I was at the level 2 pay scale which means I was making 20 cents more than a people greeter, yet they made me work just about everywhere in the store.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees for a change. Here is some common sense: The former employees will come back to the store to shop if they are treated right. Needless to say, I wouldn't walk into a Wal-Mart again if my life depended on it.