Walmart - Invigorating! The people, the customers, the variety of experiences everyday! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Invigorating! The people, the customers, the variety of experiences everyday!"

Pros

I liked the fact that I would walk in each day not knowing exactly who I might enjoy "running into", and also the fact that I have cultivated friends there and will know them for a long, long time.

Cons

My challenges were one me, really. :-) Like a golfer, I competed with myself each day to become better at what I did, so that I could be prepared for any advancements that might be available at any given time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your associates. Associates in Walmart come from many backgrounds and many skills, strengths and educational levels. We all know that there are many ideas that just will not work, but listening to each and every one is like working in a diamond mine: you're gonna hit the jackpot if you don't give up!

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Produce Associate"

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job was easy to get and paid better than a fast food restaurant.

Cons

The managers are just interested in sales and treat everyone like they are replaceable. The other associates are either just there to collect a paycheck or think they are on the verge of being to be promoted to king of the bananas. Just going to work and doing your job well is never enough as you get pulled to other departments or you get badgered by some wannabe manager on a power trip.

Advice to Management

Hold lazy workers accountable and know what's going on in your store instead of hiding out in the office and pretending you have everything under control.

2. "The only way to keep your job at walmart is to brown nose to management."

I worked at Walmart part-time

Pros

part time is 32 hours weekly

Cons

Management is terrible. Horrible work place.