Walmart - Love my job | Glassdoor

"Love my job"

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Walmart (Less than a year)

Pros

Great ancancing friendly nice honest

Cons

I really have no cobs

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Not great"

Pros

It's money, and on the sales floor I made more than I'd make in fast food. It was great to make customers happy when I could. The realization that Wal-Mart has really poor standards meant that not caring didn't feel as bad as it should.

Cons

Every day is a challenge. Not a solvable challenge, because the company gets in its own way and stops problems from being fixed. It's a never-ending rollercoaster of drama. Management feeds on it unless everyone's on the same page about not accepting it. (Good luck with that in stores that big.) For a multi-billion dollar company, nothing is up to standard. Inventory systems are ridiculous, management struggles with a scheduling system that's a throwback to 1991. Providing consistent quality customer service is the biggest struggle, because we're always out of everything or we can't keep things clean or there's not enough people to help find products.

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out of the sand and wake up. Your customer service is consistently terrible because you keep putting money over people. Get it together, because when people start getting financially secure enough to stop shopping at your store, they will. Hire more, train more, schedule more.

2. "Tough job due to travel, but pays well for entry level big box management."

Current Employee - Field Project Supervisor
    Current Employee - Field Project Supervisor

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Reimbursed for gas, food, and hotel stay.
    Decent starting salary.
    Usually an end of the year bonus.

Cons

Travel and being away from home is non-stop.
    Too many managers trying to do too many different things at the same time.
    Tough to move out of the position due too so few willing to do this job for long.

Advice to Management

Less management, not more.