Walmart - It's big time retail | Glassdoor

"It's big time retail"

Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT
Former Employee - Cashier in Sandy, UT

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It gives you a taste of what retail is like and gives you experience. The pay was decent, but for as much work as you have to do, it probably should have been more, it was decent though. My co-workers were extremely nice and helpful though.

Cons

It didn't pay as much as it should have for as much work as there was to be done and I was part time working barely under 40 hours a week. I usually worked anywhere from 33 to 38 hours a week while 40 is full time. So I was barely under full time just without the benefits.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, please. Bottom level employees' attitudes would be much better with better wages, and generally we are the first and last faces customers see at the store. We are the face of the store.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Management"

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management pay is great, 401k stock purchase and bonuses. 10 week training program teaches you an incredible amount.

Cons

Schedule is ridiculous. You work either a 3 on 3 off or 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift rotation, depending on if you're days or nights, which sounds great, except you are salary so you work most of your days off and usually 15 to 16 hours per shift. Not a company to work for if you have a family.

2. "Would not be there if I didn't have to be."

Current Employee - Auto Tech in Vienna, WV
    Current Employee - Auto Tech in Vienna, WV

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only the people I work with.

Cons

This company is very much so on the decline. I myself am part time and have worked here for over 2 years. Worked with people who have been employed here for almost 5 years and were unable to get full time hours which caused the to leave.However, I have heard that this mostly inside my store. Grass roots survey came back as one of the worst reviews in the country. No open door policy with most of management team, with the exception of a few, most are excessively rude and make u feel belittled and unimportant when asking for assistance. This store should truthfully be shut down and overhauled because it is falling apart. I hear nothing but good things about the South side Parkersburg store as well as the Marietta store.

Advice to Management

Be more accessible, this is your job to oversee and to help, you are not doing us a favor.