Walmart - It has been a learning experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"It has been a learning experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous
Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

They have reasonable bonuses available to all associates. There is a high level of teamwork shown. It offers good medical insurance and coverage.

Cons

It isn't always easy to accommodate hours with what people are willing to work. Lots of positions deserve more pay than offered.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "I enjoyed my time there till the last month."

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager (CSM) in College Place, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager (CSM) in College Place, WA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really liked the customers and alot of the staff there. I was always able to keep busy and really liked being able to go above and beyond expectations for the customers.

Cons

The management at the time were very volitile and you didn't know one day to the next how an Assistant Manager would react to a given situation. The ones you could count on were often fired or driven out due to their integrity. Starting in the last two to three years I was there we were expected to do the jobs of at least two other associates who were not replaced when they quit or were fired. Walmart Corperate required stores to trade payroll for profit.

Advice to Management

Starting in the last two to three years I was there we were expected to do the jobs of at least two other associates who were not replaced when they quit or were fired. Walmart Corperate required stores to trade payroll for profit. This is a hard wall to run into. I feel that if Walmart as a corperation moves back to the way Sam Walton ran things and stopped trying to please shareholders there would be alot more opportunity for associates, a greater number of pleased customers and an increase of profit for all.

2. "A true learning experience"

Former Employee - Electronic Sales Associate in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Electronic Sales Associate in Marietta, GA

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired to work in the Electronics Department. The customers were always nice, my fellow employees I got along well with. Just wish I had proper training to do all tasks assigned by management.

Cons

Having an open schedule, I would sometimes work late night and sometimes I would work early morning. The biggest disappointment was working a split shift an 8 hour day cut into 1/2 and work 4 hours then be off an hour then come back to work an hour later. No way to accomplish anything that needed to be done. The other peeve I have is have proper training for everything necessary in the department. I learn quickly, but I also like to do things right the 1st time. No training leaves one not knowing what is acceptable.

Advice to Management

Extend proper training in all departments, if you see an employee seeking assistance offer them the necessary training to perform the job best of their ability.

Walmart Response

Jun 2, 2014 – Sr. Manager of Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. After receiving similar suggestions regarding scheduling, we've revisited some of our processes. Over the past year, Walmart piloted a series of programs and platforms... More