Walmart - My experience was awesome. It was full of fun, learning and challenges with some very special customers/co-workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"My experience was awesome. It was full of fun, learning and challenges with some very special customers/co-workers"

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone loves shopping at Walmart so there is always people coming in and going out. You get to meet new people and help in making their day by showing them you appreciate their business. Giving them good customer service and making them want to come back and shop with you often. You have the opportunity to advance in the company and also build strong bonds within the store and sometimes long lasting friendships.

Cons

Didn't enforce good training. When I first started I hated it because the main ones that were supposed to help were the most discriminating and unwilling.

Advice to Management

Better screening during hiring, not just picking people because you need to fill space or because they look good. People that care about providing excellent Customer Service and are genuine about it.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "They save their dollars one employee at a time"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a least 30 hour of work per week and it was close to home,

Cons

Too many responsibilities with no compensation.

Advice to Management

Promote the employees that actually do the work, not the ones who you chit chat with for hours.

2. "Good leader, good experience. Bad leader..."

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, pay is competitive. The company does truly save people money so they can live better. Work hard and most people will have the opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Politics, diversity sometimes is more important than qualified, entitlement amongst employees. Several bad leaders.

Advice to Management

Hire on experience and work ethic, not diversity. Stop being afraid to be sued. Hold people equally accountable. Listen.