Walmart - My experience was awesome. It was full of fun, learning and challenges with some very special customers/co-workers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"My experience was awesome. It was full of fun, learning and challenges with some very special customers/co-workers"

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone loves shopping at Walmart so there is always people coming in and going out. You get to meet new people and help in making their day by showing them you appreciate their business. Giving them good customer service and making them want to come back and shop with you often. You have the opportunity to advance in the company and also build strong bonds within the store and sometimes long lasting friendships.

Cons

Didn't enforce good training. When I first started I hated it because the main ones that were supposed to help were the most discriminating and unwilling.

Advice to Management

Better screening during hiring, not just picking people because you need to fill space or because they look good. People that care about providing excellent Customer Service and are genuine about it.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "We shall overcome"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company teaches multi-tasking, and hard work ethic. Your not going to work their and not work. You have no set job or hours. Adaptation is key to survival.

Cons

Very little chance of promotion and even when people are promoted to management their is no seniority. People are treated like cattle, no empathy, no breaks, everyone is treated like they can and will be replaced.

Advice to Management

Start trying to empower and encourage people with some incentives and start paying people salaries that are competitive and last when some one calls regarding a reference strictly for employment purposes answer the phone. People have the right to move on.

2. "Not to bad, Great experience"

Former Employee - Electronic Sales Associate in Lancaster, CA
    Former Employee - Electronic Sales Associate in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job was very flexible, you learn alot of new things and how the retail world works. I wouldnt say its a career opportunity there but its definitely great experience to put down on the resume.

Cons

Customers were sometimes rude....but then again alot of employees were negative about the job so you just really have to stay positive yourself so that negative aura doesnt affect you.

Advice to Management

There were some great ones but for the not so great ones...be more sociable with your employees and have some respect and they will treat you well.