Walmart - Frustrating | Glassdoor

"Frustrating"

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier

I worked at Walmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was ok, but the hours assigned were too short to really live off of. Were nice people, for the most part, at the lower levels in the store. Opportunity does exist (if you persist) to advance and to move from department to department. Had a pretty good discount on electronics and some grocery items.

Cons

They were not honest in saying they work with you if you attend college. They got irritated if I would explain I had to be at school. Also, even though I worked through Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, I was basically given a so-so review. So, there's that. Also, would throw me in positions I was not properly trained to handle.

Advice to Management

Better communication is going to benefit you in the long run.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Wlamart"

Pros

It is a nice clean place to work if you are yung or have a want to get some retail work experience.

Cons

The pay is obviously not the best and managers can be resistant to change. that in conjunction with no real health care options within our pay range makes for tough times

"Great community spirit."

Former Employee - Walmart Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Walmart Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The market management team are professional, courteous and committed to your success, I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career and not just a stop gap. The opportunities are endless and there is in depth training available to all. The hours are typical for a retail environment and they are flexible if you need time off for family emergencies.

Cons

The cons I encountered centered around working with some associates who didn't give a damn about the company and were utterly unreliable both in their timekeeping and the quality of their work. You quickly worked out who was committed and who was not by the number of no shows and tardys in their attendance record.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are doing because you didn't become so big so fast by being terrible at what you do.