Walmart - Customer service representative | Glassdoor

"Customer service representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money, bonus, closed Christmas, it's open when other stores is closed

Cons

Racist people. Treating people different, having your pics on who can move up in the company

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you wish to be treated

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"Started as stockman (cart pusher) went to asset protection after 4 months."

Current Employee - Courtesy Associate and Asset Protection
    Current Employee - Courtesy Associate and Asset Protection

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chance of bonus after certain period, yearly raises from 30-60 cents, room for advancement. As asset protection, fairly set schedule, only one "boss". Good core values as a company

Cons

Dangers of cart pusher, chance of getting hit by cars, lifting heavy objects "carry outs" as asset protection, dealing with risky shoplifters, have to be 100% right

Advice to Management

Don't slash hours then wonder why you have lines/no one on the sales floor. listen to associate needs, don't just think of your bonus.

2. "Always fighting for support from upper management"

Former Employee - Service Writer & Technician in Kearns, UT
    Former Employee - Service Writer & Technician in Kearns, UT

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was fun talking with customers and being able to help them out. Working on cars, changing the oil, and mounting tires was enjoyable. I liked that part of the job.

Cons

It seems that all upper management looks at are costs. At one point in time, our Tire and Lube shop was in the top three in performance in the Utah valley, and was the top performing shop for growth compared to the following year.
    I grew allot in the Tire and Lube shop thanks to effort and a Direct Supervisor who cared to show me the ropes. When I moved to management and changed departments, I had no support at all from upper management. Wal-Mart Upper Management runs a skeleton crew, and things don't get done like they should. At part time or full time, you don't get paid enough to afford any kind of benefits. Allot of promotions at my location seemed to be based off of those who brown nosed the upper management.

Advice to Management

Take some leadership training courses. Learn how to lead rather than demand, Listen to your employees. They know more about the job than you. Stop looking at costs only. Costs are part of the business. You gotta spend money to make money. For example, the tire and lube shop was supposed to take customers in up until 7pm. When we were doing this and working past closing to satisfy those customers needs, our shop was performing well and was one of the top performing shops in the district. However, as soon as upper management told us that we couldn't take in any other client's past 6pm (An hour before closing), we had to send away many customers, and lost a large amount of our customer base. Since your store owns the shop, that action only hurt your store's earnings and performance level.