Walmart - Not the worst place to work, but it wasn't great. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Not the worst place to work, but it wasn't great."

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Walmart (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at a Neighborhood Market so it was more like working at a grocery store than at a Supercenter. It was honest work for some needed money. I enjoyed being a cashier.

Cons

It seems like they'll hire anyone. My coworkers and bosses were not very smart and often rude people. Even though I was hired as a cashier, they would often call me back to unload the truck or to push carts just because I was a guy. The girls stayed on the cash register. Those jobs weren't fun.

Advice to Management

The more you pay your employees, the higher quality you get. I understand it's not your style, but Wal-Mart doesn't really have a good name, does it?

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

"If you want to be underpaid or unappreciated.."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're always busy and vaguely certain of what your task for the day are, and the shifts are short

Cons

management completely unwilling to recognize that people have lives and children at home. Intimidation seems to be a popular means of dealing with any of the issues brought forth to them.The pay is way below anything that could actually keep you remotely above the poverty level.

Advice to Management

When you have employees qualified for positions ,hire from within. Dont hire someone to fill a position simply based on who they know.

"Walmart needs to get out of the stone age and remember who makes them their money!"

Current Employee - Logistics Associate in Grantsville, UT
    Current Employee - Logistics Associate in Grantsville, UT

I have been working at Walmart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Logistics pay! and nothing else.

Cons

Management is useless. the area managers are more of schedulers, the operation managers have no true authority to create change. there is supposedly a grass roots process however in these meetings it is more like a no session. Walmart needs to refocus on quality and safety like they say instead of being so production driven. if they want to reduce turnover and absenteeism they really need to remember that the associates are human not machines.

Advice to Management

Pull your head out, accept that there are many different ways to do a job and accept that some of your associates are highly educated and want to help transform the distribution centers into something so much more then they currently are!