Walmart - I love the store I work in the customers and the people im surrounded by. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"I love the store I work in the customers and the people im surrounded by."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hudson, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hudson, NY

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

my customers they always make the job that much more rewarding. If they aren't smiling neither am i.

Cons

the lack of respect and discipline of associates that are rude to others.

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is happy. Just because the majority of associates look happy doesn't mean they all are. some hide their insecurities or how they are being treated in fear of getting in trouble.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "This is a compnay I truly want to work for when I retire from the army."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in McDonough, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in McDonough, GA

I have been working at Walmart part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Locations are every where. Great opportunity for progression

Cons

Some employees complain about unfair treatment. But I do not know since I am not a current employee.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees even when they are complain. There is some times a message in their complaints.

2. "Not at all family oriented, much favoritism, only advancement if you are liked by the right management"

Former Employee - Assigned to III Depts/Worked Entire Store in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at Walmart full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Was a paying job, had benefits & very little advancement, having an associate in need program, very hard to get hired or fired

Cons

Most stores are under-staffed, Low pay (poverty level) for the work expected, employees have high co-pays for insurance as well as high insurance payments for most coverage, was like being back in high school with all the gossip and drama, open door policy was a joke (no secrets kept, retaliation was the norm), worked most employees every weekend and all holidays (refusing time off requests), favorite employees got requested time off while others could not, was always made to feel nothing but your Walmart job mattered, moral was always low (appreciation was hardly shown and then to only a few), Time off requests (vacation time) were refused more than approved unless it was about to expire. Sick time could not be used until you were out 2 or more days and could not be used for the first day out, after being out 3 days you had to have a doctors note to return to work.
    They have a set of guidelines for performing customer service, but do not follow them.

Advice to Management

Work the departments and the jobs before you manage them as your knowledge of what can be done in the time you allot will be more realistic. Work tasks with the associates you'll gain more respect than walking on and over them. Give kudos when and where they are deserved (helps raise moral). Don't judge an employee's life unless you've walked in their shoes (have a heart). I loved my job (my actual assigned job), my regular customers and performing great customer service. When rules are in place don't keep changing them without notice to the employees.