Walmart - I would say that it can be a rewarding place to work provide you approach it with a very open mind. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"I would say that it can be a rewarding place to work provide you approach it with a very open mind."

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

Pros

I think tht the most rewarding aspect of being a memeber of the Wal-Mart team is the MIP (Management Insentive Plan). The base salary for this organization is really not that great for the level of commitment one has to dedicate. If you value work life balance, this is not the place for you/

Cons

Work life balance is not a priority for Wal-Mart

Advice to Management

If you have to dedication and the drive, you can become a leader at Wal-Mart.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Walmart is a great place to work."

Pros

Walmart is a nice place to work. Walmart treats its employees fairly but the pay scale needs to be increased.

Cons

The pay needs to be adjusted for all employees when compression pay comes into effect. Associates need to have better medical benefits.

Advice to Management

If you are a member of management at walmart you need to learn your job and teach and train the associates under you.

"Love my job but don't feel appreciated."

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

Pros

Good benefit packages. I don't expect my employer to pick up all my premiums. I am not the type to run to the dr. for every little "hang nail". 10% discount on purchases - now for Christmas on groceries as well.
    Clean and pretty well maintained work environment.
    Most associates care about our customers.
    Most associates willing to help fellow associates do a good job.

Cons

Too many "chiefs" and not enough "indians". It wouldn't be so bad if the "chiefs" were willing to step in and help when some of the "indians" have called in or are shifted to other areas. It's like along with the promotion (even to ZMS) comes amnesia so they forget how to do the basic "helping customers" jobs!

Management does not seem to notice when the "fresh" areas are really busy. In fact, they very rarely even walk past these areas unless it's to take temp. readings (twice a day). Do they even realize all the cleaning, temp. taking, recooking, sandwich making, salad making, shelf stocking and working freezer freight and cooler freight that goes on along with helping the customers? And then there's the "morning meetings" - If you work in a fresh area, forget it! You will never get to go unless your break happens to be when the meeting is going on in the break room!

The company does not seem to care about what the customers in our area want to buy. We can sell herring in wine sauce and deep-fried cheese curds and you can sell black eyed peas and mustard greens! Just because it sells in Bentonville and the immediate area doesn't mean it will be a good product for the whole country. Since our remodel many products have been deleted and our customers are not happy! Here, again, management doesn't have to hear the people's anger, we do!

Computer-generated schedules are not working! There are areas where one person is scheduled to cover several "customer service" places (not necessarily next to each other) and sometimes even help on registers!

Advice to Management

Treat associates like they have a brain. When something is not working out in their area ASK THE ASSOCIATE what might be the solution to fix it.
    Do not let department managers "talk down" to associates!!
    Do not treat associates like they are trying to "rip you off".
    Do not barricade yourselves in the offices and behind your computers.
    Get back to the way Sam and his basic principles wanted the company to be run.