Walmart - the #1 worst place/ enviroment to work! EVER!!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"the #1 worst place/ enviroment to work! EVER!!!!!"

Former Employee - Little Bit of Everything
Former Employee - Little Bit of Everything

Pros

honestly the only good reason that i stayed at walmart sooo long was if u kiss a lil a** u really get somewhere! really didnt work hard at all just got in good with the management

Cons

management is the worst ever everyone does there own thing no one communicates with each other as in management. you are thrown out there like raw meat to a pack of starving wolves! and they really dont teach/try to inprove you they just seem to try and find ways to fire people as i found when i got into management!!!

Advice to Management

R-E-S-P-E-C-T goes along way!!! treat ones as you want to be treated and realize that the impossible will NEVER get done!!!! not even if corporate is coming! most of all WORK WITH YOUR EMPLOYEES NOT AGANIST THEM DONT TALK DOWN TO THEM!!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Good place for advancement"

Pros

With the slow economy, Walmart is a stable employer

Cons

It can be long hours and wear you down sometimes

Advice to Management

Better management training programs for internal associates.

2. "Wanna work at Walmart?"

Pros

People with disabilities are very welcome here. I've never seen so many people that I would presume to be turned away. They give you a very liberal clock in policy; you can be 14 minutes late, and they don't count it against you. Nice if you consistently come in late. Bad if you are very late. But most companies I've worked for have never given me more than 6 minutes--at most. They do have a lot of training, which I did find valuable to my position, and could also apply to other parts of my life. On the most part it seems like a fun place to work at, so for those who live near Wal-Mart, it's a good 1st time job; although I've seen people work there 20 years, and maybe longer for others. I haven't worked there for years to judge specifically all details, but in my time there, I can say there must be some happy employees there, or I don't think I'd see too many people with 5,10, 15 and more years in working there.

Cons

very low pay. My position paid barely over minimum wages; if you want FT work and a consistent schedule--think again, unless you're in management. Like to work weekends? I don't, but had too. So get used to it, because they may schedule a Friday, Saturday and Sunday schedule.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees at least $10-13 an hour, maybe you don't have that authority, but find out who does. Why else do you think Walmart is a multi-billion dollar company?