Walmart - My time at Wal-Mart was surprisingly good. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"My time at Wal-Mart was surprisingly good."

Former Employee - Service Technician in Corona, CA
Former Employee - Service Technician in Corona, CA

Pros

They were very flexible with my school schedule and when I left the company, the people in my department actually threw a party for me. It was shocking! Wal-Mart seemed to be very concerned about making sure employees took their breaks (not something I was used to). They also paid well at the time.

Cons

The only thing that I would say was a downside of working at Wal-Mart was telling people that you worked at Wal-Mart. Other than that it was good.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Only work here if necessary"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Copperas Cove, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Copperas Cove, TX

Pros

Its a job, more than minimum wage, fun coworkers, experience, motivation to do better, easy to find someone to take shift, hour lunch

Cons

people get paid based on time they have worked here, so if someone doesn't do his or her work but has been there for 5 years, they get paid more than you. Unfair management. One person will say to do something one way, then another member of management will say it is wrong. Management doesn't work together so it is hard to understand what to get done. A former member of management used to text/talk on her cell phone in the back room while employees unloaded trucks. She would stand there and yell hurry up but wouldn't offer help. Management discloses other associate's information even though it is against policy. Some department managers frame associates.

Advice to Management

Look else where for a job. Or maybe just a different store. This particular walmart has terrible managers. There were a few good ones but the majority of them don't care about the little people.

2. "interesting, never the same experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

good safety measures
    fast-paced environment
    Employee discount

Cons

long hours
    little praise for effort
    most customers are terrible
    lack of staffing

Advice to Management

Follow Wal-Mart policies, bending the rules for customers who have bad behavior, only ruins the stores reputation, and discourages good customer who act appropriately.