Walmart - Great place to work that pays well but you must have a high tolerance for change | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

"Great place to work that pays well but you must have a high tolerance for change"

Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Associate Marketing Manager in Bentonville, AR

Pros

VERY good pay, high yearly bonus, Bentonville has low cost of living, nice people, good culture, short commute, good pay (can I say that again?)

Cons

Chaotic, frequent changes in strategy, sharing hotel rooms, taking out your own trash, physical work environment is challenging (Old cubicles, no vacuuming, no windows, lack of personal work space)

Advice to Management

more vacation time for associates, better physical working environment, please please please pick a strategy and stick with it. All the changes have been tough on the associates.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "Interesting"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The people in my Department are great. My management team is good also. I am thankful I have a job. Most of my customers are fine. Most are regular customers so you can establish a repore. The discount is nice. Should be offered on everything except alcohol and cigs.

Cons

My co-worker and I counted all the people above us. We lost count at 23 people. And that is only at MY store! Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. I work 6 departments some nights with 1 other person for help. Maybe. Pay rate could be better. Insurance could be better for associates. Heck, it's like Congress. Poor insurance for associates and GREAT insurance for salaried management. Home Office is too involved. LET the Store Manager, MANAGE! That's why they make $200K a yr!

Advice to Management

Communication is terrible. Just terrible. Fixing this will go a long way in performance. Bonuses should not be tied to payroll. This is biting yourselves in the butt. I realize that that is a home office issue. But it is a bad one.

2. "Get out ASAP"

Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Wal Mart Cashier in Katy, TX

Pros

Only thing this has going for it is that it is usually wasy to get a job there. Felxible schedules since most are open 24 hours.

Cons

Everything else about the company. Was given a decision day due to the time clock malfunctioning and clocking me in and out in a short period of time, making it look like I did not take a complete lunch.

Advice to Management

Stop sleeping around with each other and worry more about how your employees are doing. Do not punish employees for the lack of working equipment at your stores.