Walmart - Professionalism | Glassdoor

"Professionalism"

Current Employee - Dual Licensed Optician in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Dual Licensed Optician in Rochester, NY

Pros

The pay I receive is better than most places I worked at.

Cons

As a professional optician, still treated as if I were a cashier. The notion that all are created equal at Wal-Mart does not hold if you are an educated professional plus licensed by the state to do your job. Communications- current dept. manager dose not share infor with others in the dept. after management meeting. Feedback- never get any feedback as to how well or improvement opportunities that may be required by me. Work/Life Bal - always work weekends while management has off.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at licensed professionals and make them all salary positoins.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart

1. "In the pharmacy"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

Pros

I worked in the Pharmacy, so it was different for me. Being a Pharmacy Technician, there is little for advancement, but the pay was competative, and my supervisors were great. The days go by very fast because you are busy from the time you get there until the time you leave, helping customers, being on the phone, filling prescriptions, etc. Wal-mart is a stable company, and as long as you can take the fast pace of retail pharmacy, it's a great place to work. The pay and benefits are competetive, for pharmacy. I do not know about the rest of the store because I only worked in the pharmacy.

Cons

In the pharmacy, little room for advancement when a Pharmacy Technician. It is always extremely busy, and can be very hectic, and nerve wrecking. Retail pharmacy can be that way, of course, but anyone applying to work in the pharmacy should be ready for that. On the up side, the day does go by extremely fast. You will also be on your feet all day long, but you will get breaks, and, of course, a break for lunch. I was always treated great by my supervisors in the pharmacy. The Pharmacists worked just as hard as the technicians did everyday.

Advice to Management

My supervisors in the pharmacy were great.

"Could be better"

Current Employee - Photo Technician in Jonesboro, AR
    Current Employee - Photo Technician in Jonesboro, AR

Pros

Walmart is good working with my school schedule. My store manager is fairly nice to employees which goes around well with all.

Cons

The pay isn't as good as it could be. Electronics employees are on a pay grade 5 where as I'm on a pay grade 3. The equipment in the photo lab is very very fragile and can be damage and a lot of money can be lost if it is down at the most a day. The equipment is important to keep the lab up and running.

Walmart needs to keep enough employees on hand for all occasions. Cashiers where I work are desperately short. This affects me when there are a lot of Photo lab employees working.

Advice to Management

Offer performance reviews more often and give raises to those who deserve it not just to those who have been there longer.