Walmart eCommerce - 2 years in at Walmart Global eCommerce --> momentum building | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart eCommerce

"2 years in at Walmart Global eCommerce --> momentum building"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

exciting to see talent density beginning to surge as company gets extremely picky about new hires
lots of growth opportunities around new platform (in all areas)
tangible signs of momentum across key metrics
Leadership team is clear about the vision

Cons

getting a little tight on space
no SF satellite office

Advice to Management

Know we have to excel at the fundamentals but want to tackle non-linear growth strategies as soon as possible

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart eCommerce

"Right hand does not know what left hand is doing - and worst overall benefits in tech industry"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Your co-workers are excellent engineers
    - Ample of opportunities to learn new things (@ only in selective teams)
    - Your work impacts millions of people everyday.

Cons

- Worst medical plan I have seen in 15 years of my carrer - my neighborhood grocery store has a better medical plan for its employees.
    - Medical plan is expensive too and benefits are way poorer (I bought mine directly with Kaiser than going through Walmart last week as I did not receive my plan medical cards after waiting for three months- Also buying direct has better coverage and almost the same price)
    - Pharmacy plan is useless (you can just go to Walmart pharmacy as that will be cheaper)
    - ESPP plan is a joke
    - Employee discount center is another joke (Costco has better prices for movie tickets/theme parks then employee discount center) - practically I have never heard any one bought or used walmarts employee discount center for anything as it is ridiculous
    - Registered holidays (only 6) and PTO including sick (only 20) are way below software company standards.
    - You will have to pay for lot of things out of your own pocket - Like if you loose your badge, you have to pay $25 to get a new one. Never heard of this one before till orientation in Walmart.com
    - Business Travelling expenses - they nickel and dime you for small stuff and for pretty much everything.
    - For internal information and intranet, their are 3-4 different websites. The internal information system is so messed up that I have practically stopped using it.
    - Enrolling to benefits and getting your medical cards is just a nightmare. Three months already and I have not received my medical plan cards yet.
    - Upper management has no idea what they are doing - They start a project with so much energy and before you know they shut it down as 6 months down the line they come to know that some other team in the company is doing the same thing.
    - KEEP IN MIND - $150K salary here = $120K in any other tech company(due to benefits and other programs) so do not get fooled for high salary offer.

Advice to Management

- Please improve internal communication. You have no idea what your teams/staff is doing. Same work is done by not only two teams but multiple teams.
    - You can not treat engineers who make more than $100K and are highly educated the same way as you treat your retail employees who make 30K. If you want to treat everyone same, you better treat every one better.

2. "Great to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong culture. Lot of extra curricular activities :) Supportive environment. Lot of knowledge in-house. Industry leader. Will look excellent on resume. eCommerce treated different from Stores as a company. Smart leadership willing to make changes.

Cons

Not many that I can think of. I believe some legacy policies/work processes taken from store need update/changes - while the dotocm business needs to utilize legacy knowledge, it also needs to evolve from it.