Walmart eCommerce - Great career growth, bright and creative personnel and opportunities to make a difference every day. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart eCommerce

"Great career growth, bright and creative personnel and opportunities to make a difference every day."

Current Employee - Director of Planning in San Bruno, CA
Current Employee - Director of Planning in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company really allows you to stretch your creative problem abilities. If you can think on your feet, enjoy working with diverse teams, and enjoy making significant impact to the business, this is a great place to work. Structure does exist but the online channel of this company is growing quickly and the business needs are also changing just as fast.

The people are great, kind and compassionate. Walmart.com really embraces their core beliefs, especially "respect for the individual". People are competitive in meeting and exceeding KPIs, but not with each other. They also are great about celebrating the successes of the individual as well as the team. There are many opportunities to grow in role and take on new opportunities in the company. The company makes significant investments in training for both work related and personal growth as well.

Amenities are decent. Who doesn't appreciate a free soda, coffee or free daily snack offering? Also free access to the gym and specialty gym classes.

Cons

The tools to support the analysis and judgement have long been lacking. My associates have great breadth and scope of responsibility but are clamoring for tools that make them much more efficient. The good news is the company is dedicated to investing in personnel to create tools necessary to support the business.

When engaging with Bentonville things move much slower and involve more red-tape. It is becoming really important to have great relationships in Bentonville but challenging as our scope is so broad and their scope is much more narrow. Creates a many to one relationship which can sometimes slow down the speed of doing business. We have a lot of autonomy to run the business as we need but the opportunity to create better partnerships there does exist.

Advice to Management

As we bring on new talent, it is important not to lose part of the culture that has been in existence since the start of dot com. We can achieve great things while still being "nice" and respecting one another. Newer employees sometimes take a little longer to adopt to the "Respect the individual" but it helps if we are all keeping each other in check.

Other Employee Reviews for Walmart eCommerce

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Planner in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Fantastic people, very friendly environment
    - company is growing fast; makes it exciting and it creates opportunities for career growth
    - very stable company backing up a relative start up
    - great work life balance

Cons

- nead to be entrepreneurial and scrappy at times...not a fit for everyone

Advice to Management

Stay the course with the strategy in place

"Blue Collar Mentality in Walmart, Excellent colleagues in the @Labs divison"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Walmart eCommerce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good technical talent. It is a mix where a lot of them are fresh out of school but have PhDs. Very few senior technical staff.

Cons

Most of the non-walmartlabs management that you have to deal with is quite political and extremely hierarchical in org.
    This goes down to the ground staff also. Case in point: I had parked my car in the one of many visitor parking spots because the garage was filled up completely. I was questioned as to why I had come in that late (11 am) by the security guard !!! This is one of many examples, but you get the idea.
    And yes, If you lose your badge, its 25$ to get a new one (out of your pocket :))

Health benefits are really poor.

Advice to Management

Remains to be seen if the culture will survive since most of walmart has a very different culture.