Walt Disney Company - Great brand! Great Perks! Tight, tight, network. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

"Great brand! Great Perks! Tight, tight, network."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

First off, it's Disney. If you don't already love the Walt Disney brand, then this isn't the place for you. There's something to be said about seeing Disney artwork, memorabilia, logos, etc., everyday you walk into the office. I originally would tell people I worked in an office that was a rotating art gallery as they featured new artwork every quarter. Additionally, the company wants its employees to enjoy the brand, so there are additional perks you receive when you're an employee which includes free admission to the park for yourself and 3 friends, discounts, etc. I have never purchased so many Disney products in my entire lifetime except when I worked for the company.

Cons

Your network is worth all of the money in the bank, and maneuvering through the political pools is an artform in itself. Disney prides itself on not only having a diverse workforce, but also having a workforce diverse in thought. This is great; however learning everyone's personal/political agenda made it really easy to step on hidden mines.

Advice to Management

Consider providing a "network web" that helps employees understand how individuals are connected to one another. It could be facilitated through programs like Yammer, or Jive. Your creative artists can then create the "Disney Universe" (a spin off of the Marvel Universe) to help associates really understand relations within the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company

"Better than expected"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for Disney over 10 years and in general it has exceeded my expectations. The benefits are decent but have been reduced or have more employee cost in recent years. I have worked in different divisions in different roles which has given me a great appreciation for the company over the years. There are definitely many opportunities to experience the Disney brand which makes the job uniquely Disney.

Cons

Disney may be "the happiest place on earth" to the public but within the company, it is mostly like any other company. It is a job but you can make a lifelong career with Disney. The compensation is decent but compared to other companies, it tends to be less.

Advice to Management

Focus as much energy on retaining your talent as you do on acquiring new talent.

2. "values that would last for a life time"

Current Intern - Front Desk Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Intern - Front Desk Cashier in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent work environment
    great work ethic
    amazing management

Cons

none at all.. it`s the best place to work