Walt Disney Company - Incredible Company Average Pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

"Incredible Company Average Pay"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Anaheim, CA
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is no better working environment. Surrounded by incredible people with awesome benefits.

Cons

The pay is "average" at best.

Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company

1. "Disney World placed me in the worst and most mindless job where you are not allowed to speak to cast members"

Former Employee - Costuming in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Costuming in Orlando, FL

I worked at Walt Disney Company part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They finally switched my mind numbing job to costuming at the Magic Kingdom. There I was training to help open a new parade called Move it Shake it ....i forgot the rest. That was fun! I also loved staying at Vista Way because there were always events going on as well as fun activities they would organize for us college interns. Also, the Disney buses can take you to fun bars and restaurants and you never have to drive!

Cons

Minimum wage is less in Florida than in California. I absolutely despised the job they first placed me in because I was supposed to work in costuming. Instead, they placed me in the building where all the cast members bring their sweaty clothing for us to take care of. I would then spend at least 5-6 hours straight putting clean cast member costumes away allllllll dayyyyyy loooooong. I wouldnt have been so upset if I was a high school graduate who needed any job.......but I was getting my college degree then and knew I needed to be challenged ten times more than just putting clothing away in their rightful place. Also, they are very very strict on dress code......even though no one could see us because we worked behind the scenes of the Magic Kingdom. If i recall correctly, you may only get three or four reprimands....and then you are terminated. I had received two reprimands. One was because my makeup didnt look "natural" enough because I was wearing red lipstck. The second time was because my eyebrows did not match my blonde hair. i was forced to dye my eyebrows blonde which made me look even less "natural". When I grew my eyebrows out to their natural brown color, I decided to cut bangs so they could be covered....thus having no more reprimands. I am now almost done with my masters at CSUN, and applied for a professional internship with Disney. They really liked me on the phone, and I had made it to the last cut for a management internship. The reason why they called me back to tell me I wasn't considered anymore was because they looked back at Disney records and realized I had those two reprimands. If i knew these reprimands were a big deal for a future with Disney, I would have never worn red lipstick or had naturally brown eyebrows. Although Disney is a great company to work for, I had an unusual experience.

Advice to Management

Do not give reprimands to cast members who do not have matching eyebrows with their hair. it is ridiculous because some of my fellow cast members also received reprimands for their naturally blonde hair not matching their naturally brown eyebrows.

"Has its moments being full filling"

Former Employee - Production Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Production Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For regular staff employee it is good. After one year service, may transfer providing there are openings. Extended education is offered. Being part of public recognition is good as well as invites to some company activities.

Cons

Even though there is a company policy manual, it is not supplied and/or told where to find it. It is just stated that it exist. If I knew about such policy prior, I should call HR a lot sooner on some problem in our department. At least my remaining fellows now have their own copy.

Advice to Management

Top tier management truly care for their employees but that only goes down some many levels. You individual person in charge operates to his/her own dictates withing wide range of company policy.