Walt Disney Company - The rumors of "Mousewitz" are true | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Walt Disney Company

"The rumors of "Mousewitz" are true"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Glendale, CA
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great perks (free entry to parks, movie screenings, 35% discount). Admiration for the brand

Cons

Career development is the responsibility of the employee. Corporate environment is very political. Perception is everything. SFAs are glorified assistants. Established employees can leave without pause or concern b/c everyone wants to work for Disney. Management not trained properly. Disney doesn't foster engagement among staff (no relationship building activities). It's an entertainment company in the business of making money and not enriching the lives of employees or the community they collect dollars from

Advice to Management

Train middle management

Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company

1. "High Turnover, Fine for short term job"

Former Employee - Travel Planner in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Travel Planner in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free entry to park, insider knowledge of hotel pricing

Cons

long hours, manditory overtime, 30 min lunches, feeling that you are "tied to your desk" shared desks, low pay.

2. "Would love to work here again!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was the one place that I got to put almost all of my skills to work from guest servicing to creativity to acting.

Cons

There was a lot of pressure on making hourly goals. Even though I made my goals, my Manager was not and so I as well as the other Assistant Store Manager had to try to make up his parts of the day. When the DM hinted that we need to restructure management, my Store Manager told me "What would it look like if we had to demote you?" It wasn't based on my performance but the performance of the store and I was the lowest woman on the totem pole in regards to years being at Disney. So I found another job and left. No hard feelings although had I been the Store Manager and it was my fault then I would have "man uped".

Advice to Management

The advice I would give to Management is some of which they are doing: They are getting off the pressured sales and hourly sales updates. However they need to remember the reason for the store was to bring Disney into people's homes, for those who couldn't afford a Disney Vacation the store was their parks, and to bring Magic back into the lives of those who had forgotten.