Walt Disney Company - Work hard, play hard | Glassdoor

"Work hard, play hard"

Pros

At Disney, you're sure to have employees and co-workers that are the cream of the crop, a very creative work environment, and great perks.

Cons

The Walt Disney Company culture varies among the different lines of businesses. Not very consistent, but overall still a great company to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Walt Disney Company

1. "Would love to work here again!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was the one place that I got to put almost all of my skills to work from guest servicing to creativity to acting.

Cons

There was a lot of pressure on making hourly goals. Even though I made my goals, my Manager was not and so I as well as the other Assistant Store Manager had to try to make up his parts of the day. When the DM hinted that we need to restructure management, my Store Manager told me "What would it look like if we had to demote you?" It wasn't based on my performance but the performance of the store and I was the lowest woman on the totem pole in regards to years being at Disney. So I found another job and left. No hard feelings although had I been the Store Manager and it was my fault then I would have "man uped".

Advice to Management

The advice I would give to Management is some of which they are doing: They are getting off the pressured sales and hourly sales updates. However they need to remember the reason for the store was to bring Disney into people's homes, for those who couldn't afford a Disney Vacation the store was their parks, and to bring Magic back into the lives of those who had forgotten.

2. "WDIG"

Pros

great location in downtown Seattle

Cons

nothing that stands out as I recall